Monday 16 August 2010

3D ANIMATION COLLABORATION!?! AAAaagghhhh.

Okay so weeks into having had ’a meeting’ with my uber smart animator buddy GoughStar, I am still continuing to pull ideas together for a 3D illustrated animation which we are hoping to plop out at some point soon/in the next few months/year/s… :/



We want to produce something which HASN’T been done before, meaning those pre-movie cinema swirling psychedelic inked lines, scriptic unfolding graffiti and strolling gaggles of big-specked teens (I'm just secretly jealous I cant parade around with backcombed-to-eff bird nest hair and plastic neon glasses the size of my knackered car). 

Me and my, actual, middle aged buddy, want to do well informed sophistication, something worthy of a 1cm squared slice in Monocle. No neon (because I'm not from Shoreditch OR sixteen), hand drawn blocked fonts or sprawling baroque florals. So that leaves me wiiiiiiiiith zero ideas of what is do-able. Half an hour of basic research into what is already out there….keeps leading me into the internet vortex that is Vimeo, video hopping and finding absolute treats like this...



COMBO a collaborative animation by Blu and David Ellis (2 times loop) from blu on Vimeo.

No comments: