Monday 16 August 2010

And so it begins...

This was the beginning of something fun and simple and ended with being a four week painting project that I would not let defeat me! Started as a simple Posca pen doodle at our live Draw event which saw myself (Surface//Phila) collaborate with The Cloud Commission, The Wednesday Project, Tubbyphunk, Mr.Owl, Malarky, Audrey Newhouse and a bunch of other super talented artists and illustrators from the north-east.

I'd never worked on this scale previous and so put no thought into where the piece was going.
Looking at the weight of the lines the next day I hated what I had produced and so set to work on what would be a behemoth 5 layered, therapeutic, late night BBC radio 6 mission.

I think its still not done, but Ive ran out of paper...


No comments: